Always a Chance Grants ...
How to apply for a grant
Grants are managed and administered by Northamptonshire Community Foundation.
Grants from the Always a Chance Fund focus on the following areas:
- Projects supporting young people in improving their life chances and future aspirations
- Work which reaches out and prevents young people being involved in the criminal justice system
- New initiatives from existing groups and new groups/projects
- Small grassroots level community organisations
- Projects that improve the safety of your community
- Work led by young people
Is my group eligible?
- Revenue and Capital Funding is eligible
- Your group must be a small, locally managed, voluntary, community or self-help group working with young people
- We wish to fund small projects – we will offer grants of up to £2,000. Your total budget for the project you are applying for cannot be more than £20,000
- You must have people volunteering to help with your activity, who are not part of your management committee
- You must have a set of written rules or constitution that your group adheres to. We can help advise you on how to do this especially if you are a new group
- You must take care to ensure that young people or vulnerable people taking part in your activity do not come to any harm whilst in your care. To this end, you must have written procedures for keeping young people and/or vulnerable people safe otherwise known as a Child Protection or Vulnerable people’s policy. This will be needed as a condition of funding. If you do not have such a policy, visit the NCF Training & Resources section.
For more information, visit the Northamptonshire Community Foundation Website.